Caution: Spoiler Alert
Because of the traumatic ending to her relationship with Jamie’s father, Sam is terrified of making a commitment to Eli. What events in your life have prompted the decisions you’ve made about your future?
I know from experience how addiction can affect the whole family. But it is sometimes the hardest on siblings. Why? Perhaps because siblings share a closer relationship, bonded by their childhood experiences. Faith and Jackie watch Sam fall off her wagon. Do you have a sibling who struggles with addiction? How are you able to help them cope?
Jackie is torn between growing her interior design firm and spending time with her boys before they head off to college. As working women, how do you juggle your responsibilities at work and home?
I turned fifty while writing Her Sister’s Shoes. With my youngest headed off to college, I experienced a mini mid-life crisis in 2014. Both Jackie’s and Sam’s characters were outlets for what I was feeling at the time.
1) For those of you facing fifty or who have already reached the mid-century mark, did you relate to Jackie’s identity crisis? If so, how?
2) Women often leave something of themselves on the table when they get married and start a family. While Jackie continued to work as an interior designer, she gave up an opportunity to make it big in New York. What personal sacrifices did you make for your family?
3) Sam experiences mixed emotions about her only child leaving for college. If you are an empty nester, did you find it difficult to transition into a life that doesn’t center around your children? What are some of the things you do together as a couple that you couldn’t do before?
Caution: Spoiler Alert
1) Who was your favorite character and why?
2) Did you find Emma a sympathetic character in the beginning? If so, at what point did you start to dislike her?
3) What do you think of Kitty’s father as a husband? Did you find him a pushover in the way he was so willing to forgive his wife her affair?
Caution: Spoiler Alerts
Sweet Tea Tuesdays is the story of three best friends whose lives are ordinary but whose personalities are not. With enough drama to hold readers spellbound until the very last page, Sweet Tea Tuesdays explores the themes of friendship, parenting, trust, infidelity, and death. And that’s only the beginning. A perfect choice for book clubs!
Ashley Farley’s Blog
Click on any article and read the full story.
Passion, peril, and a scandal that will rock American politics. [one-half-first] [/one-half-first] [one-half] Scottie Darden's life is a disaster. Her marriage has become toxic, and her career as a photojournalist has stalled out. To attract the attention of the...read more
Rules This Giveaway is for US only. Enter to win a paperback or ebook of your choice value $15 or less Choose from Amazon, Kobo, iBooks, or Barnes and Noble a Rafflecopter...read more
a Rafflecopter...read more
I love hearing from readers
Consistently at the top of Kindle and Audible bestseller lists for four years, Ashley Farley has built an impressive following in women's fiction for someone who was a “closet writer” until the moment she clicked publish on Amazon. Her self-published books are written about women and for women, with many of her fans being just like her—mothers with grown children who rarely find heroines of the same age depicted in women's fiction. Readers will discover something of themselves through her characters. Her novels promise a dash of romance and a heaping of Southern-style family drama.